Monday, May 4, 2015

The black iris

these really gorgeous deep amethyst purple and light lavender irises suddenly sprouted up in my backyard that look a lot like this photo I found browsing the internet...
I hadn't really noticed them before until after I got a great deal on this pretty black and white, quite Japanese looking iris print kimono. It's as if the Universe acknowledged that I loved irises and somehow they manifested...
it's like a batik style print -- not sure if it's real batik yet I can see some crackling -- made in Indonesia and quite like a yukata robe.
I like how they've teamed it with a tee and fitted bottoms like tights, but I would also team the black iris kimono with a simple black dress, like this black keyhole neckline dress...
 and I would definitely accessorize with these black clover earrings...
and this black enamel floral choker necklace...
Interestingly, when I first saw the irises growing I thought they were black irises because the purple was so dark from where I was standing. Nope, not quite... But they're HUGE!

and now here's Donny and Marie with Deep Purple Dream...
very cool...

No comments: