Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Great Reads: The Book of Lost Fragrances by M. J. Rose

a great historical fiction for all who love Egyptology, China / Tibet and Reincarnation as well as perfumes or perfume making in France. I think I should have been a perfumer...
the book talked so much about perfume formulation and French perfumeries that I'm intrigued by this French Violette Eau de Cologne by Laboratoires Cadentia / Cadentia Laboratories in Provence -- Aubagne, near Marseille, to be precise. It's supposed to have violet and iris notes along with a citrus. Looks delicious!
and speaking of delicious, this violet liqueur by Gilbert Miclo looks devine!
and on my Wish List is Mitsouko by Guerlain, made at the beginning of the 20th Century.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Perfume bottles are such works of art. I love the little mini ones too. This is a fascinating business.