Sunday, July 31, 2016

Lilac pink sofa slipcovers as inspiration for DIY project

I was looking for a Rit fuchsia dye DIY project online and came across this sofa...

Loving the pink, green and white combo, but adore these tasty lilac pink slipcovers apparently created using Rit fuchsia dye! And they remind me of a pink eyelet fabric tiered skirt I got for my 16th birthday and wore it a lot when 17. The cushions are about the right shade of pink. I feel a DIY coming on...

and I came across this gorgeous lilac eyelet skirt for added inspiration...

As for the DIY skirt dying project, I found this ankle length white eyelet tiered skirt...
I love the lenghth but if the waist and hips are too tight, but I will probably shorten to calf length...
I also like the crochet lace in between the tiers, but I'm not sure what material it's made from and how it will take dye compared to the rest of the skirt...
The label says the base is 100% cotton so the dye should take well but the embroidery is Rayon so I'm not sure how the dying will turn out. I might end up with some variations in colour. Hopefully it would just add some texture to the overall look. Stay tuned...

No comments: