Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Art Deco coral jacquard kimono

I got this very Art Deco inspired coral jacquard dressing gown in the mid-90s but I never wore it because I didn't want to ruin it. On the other hand, it's so lovely that it deserves to be worn, so I've decided to repurpose it as a kimono to be worn as a jacket / coat with a variety of clothing. The broad sash belt can be worn as a scarf or a belt on other clothing. And the best part, it has pockets!
to make the kimono the focus of the outfit, I can see myself wearing it with something simple like an understated black tank dress...
and this coral red roses necklace will bring out the beauty of the kimono as well...
this coral Bakelite bangle...
Coral sunglasses
and these coral floral sandals that pick up the floral jacquard pattern of the kimono...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You have some excellent robes lately! Enjoy swanning about in them. They are gorgeous and your outfit ideas are wonderful.

Sonya said...

thank you Melanie!