Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mauve and Madonna

this off-white Indonesian retro skirt that I thrifted for $2.25 with cutout details, is just like the Indonesian clothing that we used to get in the 1980's. It was looking a bit tired - so I dyed it mauve or lilac pink and now wear it with my mauve lariat necklace... and here's the lilac rosary lariat necklace close up...graced by the original Madonna...
yes, I know that Madonna (Ciccone) made the rosary-as-accessory famous but here's Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino with his star lariat rosary type necklace...adore his style...oh and his six-pack abs! ;-)
and hey The Situation, I'll buy your book - can't wait to find it at a local thrift store baby...
 I would team the mauve skirt with this pretty pink butterfly tee...
this Color Club nail polish in Right On...
these Miista purple holographic shoes...
and these pink hightops...
 these pretty lilac pink mirror lens sunglasses...
or these lilac / lavender framed sunglasses / sunnies...

But wait - here's Madonna with Rosanna Arquette in a promo shot for the movie "Desperately Seeking Susan" and they're both sporting MAUVE lipstick!!!

No comments: