Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fashion inspired by Gustav Klimt?

I was thrifting at a metro Atlanta thrift store and luckily scored this lovely, ultra feminine, jacket top in a chiffon type material inspired by Austrian artist Gustav Klimt and in particular his lovely paintings Tree of Life and The Kiss.
 here are the front...
and the back of this fluttery open blouse. Gorgeous isn't it?
and I'm loving how well it teams with a pale mint green camisole and a bronze necklace that looks straight out of one of Klimt's paintings, perhaps worn by Isis herself!
Isis by Gustav Klimt
Klimt's Tree of Life
and his famous painting The Kiss...
Here's my 2008 acrylic on canvas rendition of Klimt in His Garden. Let me know if any of you have found Klimt inspired pieces out there. I'd love to know!

No comments: