Friday, August 1, 2014

a most curious salute...

Most people would deem this a most unusual salute for German soldiers… Taken outside a Paris café on the Champs Elysees.  The officers seated are supposedly SS and the men standing and saluting are possibly Wehrmacht, but zooming in they all appear to be Wehrmarcht - although the SS did wear feldgrau as well and were identifiable by their collar pips and SS insignia and distinctive skull and crossbones motif on the cap.  

Actually, this foto pulled up during a search for “French pleated uniform skirt schoolgirl style” when I was reminiscing about my over-the-knee navy blue pleated skirt and short sleeved white blouse uniform I wore at my final High School in Australia.  Seriously…  Interesting…
Goodness, I was 17 when I wore such a skirt last, except the pleats were a little narrower…  And I was a history and WWII buff back then too!
but now I would team the navy pleated skirt with these Midnight Magic glitterpuss shoes for some instant glam...

No comments: