Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloween preoccupations

I don't know, as Halloween rolls around I'm amused by all the season's paraphernalia such as pumpkins, Jack-O-Lanterns and silly ghoulish things. But I'm also thinking of the Day of the Dead theme since recent popularization, such as sugar skulls and for some reason, Frida Kahlo. So, I put this look together, even though it's getting kind of chilly for a loose cotton dress...
 something like a Mexican red embroidered dress would be good place to start...
the red dress I got ended up looking like this, with a floral basket...
and these ankle length embroidered boots would team well...
then again, this lovely saffron one is pretty awesome too...
my yellow one turned out like this...
and I also love this deep wine one...
and my maroon / burdundy dress has a peacock...
 a flaming heart milagro / ex votis type necklace with sass...
a shawl would work but with the dress sleeves being so broad you would have to wear a batwing sleeve red and black Aztec geometric pattern cardi like this one. And black tights might help... I think I'll leave out a floral crown and wear a head wrap style headband instead.
and teamed with these red suede mules...
but while it's still warm, these purple Saltwater sandals will go with all three Mexican embroidered dresses...

No comments: