Sunday, February 7, 2016

Back to School

I came across this canvas backpack the other day and it reminded me of the rough and hardy cotton webbing bookbag I used to have in high school where it was all the rage and nearly everyone had one -- at least in the greater Sydney area... Kind of a throwback to the British Raj or even the trenches of WWI, where they were carried by British soldiers.
But a backpack just wouldn't be too practical these days and I thought that this shoulder bag would probably make more sense. Though the one I had was a deep mustard colour and this one is a much blander sandy beige, not quite khaki hue... They're also known as highlander haversack and musette bags.
the denim blue bags were popular with some as well and I believe I had one too...
Now it makes sense why I've been attracted to utilitarian bags like this mustard yellow messenger and this one with the handle...
And last but not least, my inner circle and I would wear these cheeky I HATE SCHOOL badges and it would drive our teachers crazy! Hahahahaha... Those were the days...

No comments: