Sunday, February 14, 2016

Beloved Artist's Denim Smock

Since denim dresses like this are all the vogue, it's time for me to pull out my trusty denim artist's smock which is a simple denim shirtdress / shirt dress with 90s flair...
It can't really be belted like the one above, but I love that it has dark yellow stitching and brass buttons and a slightly gathered waistline for that smockish babydoll look. But I do not use it when I create art because frankly speaking, paints and pastels would just ruin it! So when I created the following painting at the end of summer, right because chilly autumn  began, it was in a simple little tee I wasn't afraid to mess up with acrylics... As always, it's simply awesome to shop one's closet! Beret optional...
Accessorized with my heartsy farrrtsy drop earrings...❤❤
Inspired by French, Bavarian and Mexican ex-votive objets d'art, it's just about heartsy-fartsy enough for St. Valentine's Day!

And hit up Berliner crooner Max Raabe with his version of Hungarian Slovak composer Franz Lehar's masterpiece Dein ist Mein Ganzes Herz...

Pardon me while I prepare another freshly squeezed Mimosa with Extra Dry... Cheers!

No comments: