Thursday, February 19, 2009

Elderflower Cordial

ELDERFLOWER CORDIAL

A cordial I discovered quite by accident, which to me is like "Nectar of the Gods," is Elderflower Syrup, especially ones made by the French company, "Monin" called "Fleur de Sureau" in Frech and by the Austrian company, "Darbo Fruit Syrups," and "Holunderbluten" in German- both are devine - I cannot rave enough!!! If you're a fan of the fruit "lychee" you will love it...

Darbo Fruit Syrups "Holunderbluten"


Monin's "Fleur de Sureau"

Ikea DRYCK FLĂ„DERElderflower syrup, 17 oz

3 comments:

Dominik MJ - the opinionated alchemist said...

You are right! Elderflower syrup is absolutely great!

Though I don't really like the one of Monin - but the one from Darbo is one of the best syrups I know!

Sonya said...

yes, I agree that the Darbo seems to be more "true to taste." I got the Mango flavored Monin last night at a local store and it reminds me of Monin's Elderflower syrup-they must use the same base for both! I'm enjoying it right now with iced tea.

Chris L said...

Do you mind sharing where one can buy this? I brought some back from Austria but I would like to buy it in the US.