Friday, December 3, 2010

Ardent About Argyle

I guess it started with this trio of argyles...all of a sudden my eyes spied all things ARGYLE...

and argyle socks always hit the spot!

Then I was looking for a pair of shoes and a hitherto ignored shoe box by "Jelly Beans," which is the tastiest candy pink and in an argyle pattern, just POPPED right out at me. It reminds me of this pink, grey and white vest I used to have in the 1980's which I wore till it was, um, best discarded! I wish that I could have photographed it at some point or better still, reworked it into another garment or thing! But back then we weren't really repurposing or redesigning items...I have no idea what sort of shoes came in this box but naturally, it makes me want to own something in argyle print in THOSE colors... So I accidentally see this pair of argyle shoes by RocketDog which are as cute as a button! They may not be like jelly beans but I love the candy pink combo...


and of course there's argyle the Italian way...hmmm...fruity...Now I know why I liked this pair of basket-weave leather mules which I got in the early 90's - the weave looks diamond patterned, in other words, ARGYLE!!! I also love the yummy toffee tones...
But I'm satisfied with this cardi I found yesterday during Kohl's $10 gift towards purchase promo - I can't get enough of that...really!!! (this ended up being less than $5)
argyle diamonds in yummy fall colors on a pumpkin spice heather grey/brown background...love it! Oh, and the basketweave mules above will go with it!!!
hey, I've already found this rust cross-over T to go with it...awesome...
 and this heathered oatmeal tee...
and changing grains, this heathered barley tee...
and these brown jogger pants...
amber floral necklace...

just love the heathered nutmeg brown of this cardi!

No comments: