Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Mushroom Santas

now I know that these are not the best of photography...my digicam sux...what can I say... But I thought it very curious that I had these as part of my Christmas decorations. When I found them for a mere 50c each at CostPlus a couple of decades ago, I couldn't resist them. Though I feel that the artisan who made them got it wrong by making the spotted mushroom BLUE and adding a SNOWMAN to it! It should definitely be RED like the Amanita Muscaria mushroom it is meant to be... Of course any correlation here between Santa and mushrooms is not purely coincidental... I wonder if the artist had the philosophy down at the time they were manufactured... I'm sure that most of you are sophisticated and know what I'm alluding to, but if you're curious about what I'm talking about, James Arthur has a very fascinating account on the Amanita Muscaria...search it on the web... and I hope you're enjoying the holidays... Happy Holidays!

No comments: